We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information of our customers as important in maintaining confidence between us. As a company, we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, any personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- shall be obtained for lawful purposes only
- shall be relevant and not excessive
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- shall not be kept longer than is deemed necessary
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act (1998)
- shall be kept secure
Personal data is only collected through the Litron Lasers web site for the purpose of answering queries. The Litron Lasers web site does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user's IP address (Internet Protocol standard allowing data to be transmitted between two devices) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
If you require further information about the Data Protection Act, please contact us or go to: www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/19980029.htm